I can't believe it's been three years now since I started this blog! A lot has changed since then. I was reading my July 28, 2005 entry:
Top 10 things I'd like to do before I die (in no particular order):
1. Write a novel
2. Record an albumn
3. Travel the world
4. Ride a Harley
5. Set up a trust fund for my son
6. Ensure that my loved ones know how much they mean to me
7. Go to college
8. Have a career that fulfills me & reflects who I am
9. Meet my soul mate
10. Become skinny (or at least toned!)
and I'm well on my way to accomplishing most of the items on my list.
Anyway, back to present day... Upon TG's suggestion, I wrote a letter to my advisor stating my grievance with the math prof. I've stopped going to most of his classes & have just been doing the work on my own. I'm not the only one in my class to take this route, either. I got an A- on my second speech & we haven't had any more yet. It looks like I need to get a job or pick up some extra transcription work. Apparently, none of my money for fall term gets distributed until October 11, and I do have bills to pay before then.
Tomorrow, Lisa & I are hanging out together for her birthday. It'll be nice to get caught up on all the talking we haven't been able to do one-on-one. On August 3, Krista is coming down for the Steve Miller & Joe Cocker concert at the Lithia Ampitheater. Other than that, life is pretty much the same ol' routine.
5 comments:
Yikes! The letter to your advisor is a great idea, but not going to the class can get you an automatic incomplete or F, even if you're doing the work, depending on his policy on it. They're super strict about that here, where if you even missed one class without a good enough reason (only excuse accepted being death), then you were automatically dropped from the class. I'd hate to see it bite you in the proverbial butt.
Congratulations on meeting (or working toward) so many of your goals from only 3 years ago! WOW! That really is an accomplishment that most can't claim and you're a true inspiration (cue "Chicago)!
Just so you can rest your mind at ease, Kathy, I spoke to the prof this morning. (I had to go, since there was a test.) I verified that he doesn't grade based on attendance & told him that it just didn't make sense for me to come to class on the days that I have my other class so much later in the day & have to make two trips to Medford & he completely understood.
And garsh, thanks for the kind words, sis! I couldn't do it without my fans... ;) Speaking of which, does anybody besides you even read my blog anymore?!? (((...Echo...echo...echo...)))
I know whatcha mean...it's like an empty tomb at the blogs lately...a little depressing. :0( Where is everyone?!
Yo, I be right here all up in this joint foshizzle! I tell you what, Always feed your kids; Kids are babe magnets, and if you`re going to Vegas for a month and need a babysitter, call me! I'm good at singing lullabies, calling poison control, bartending, waiting for poison control, balloon animals, and convincing poison control that I'm really calling back two hours later about a separate incident.
OMG! ROFLMAO!
Post a Comment