It's been a while since I posted, so here's my obligatory post (yup - that was for you, L!):
I registered for summer & fall terms this morning. I'll just be taking 2 classes this summer - Math & Public Speaking. I'm looking forward to having a real summer for once - I've been working every summer for the last 20-22 years (that statement really ages me)! I'll get a break between terms from June 12th through July 7th. Next week, RCC is having a recognition/awards ceremony for the RCC foundation scholarship recipients (i.e., ME!) & then it's up to Eugene for the Ford Scholarship banquet & orientation on the 7th. I had my psych test today & I feel like I did really well, although I felt that way last time & only got a C!
My brother, Joe, called & wants to get Tyson involved in the Jr. Olympics, so I'm going to drive down to Eureka (I was already tentatively planning on bringing my brother, Allen, down for his daughter's graduation) on the 13th. Ty will stay with Joe for the week so he can train with the rest of the team before the Olympics on the 20th. I found an amazing deal online last night & decided that, since I'll already be down that far, I may as well drive on down to San Francisco & fly out to San Diego to see Sarah & Maya. I talked to Sarah & her mom will be back from Italy & visiting during that time, so I can hang out with her while they're at work. It's gonna be such a blast!
I have a 4-day weekend starting tomorrow. TG's friend is having a birthday party in Grants Pass that he invited me to - I'm a little nervous, but I think it'll be fun. We went to Crater Lake last weekend & out to karaoke, which was a blast.
Last but not least, Susan ended up in the hospital this week because of an allergic reaction to the chemo & Lisa's son is going in for a biopsy of a growth they found on his kidney. Needless to say, she's a wreck. Becky just called me & told me that she got the job she was applying for in Grants Pass - just in time for her to move in with her boyfriend, Kregg. I'm happy for her, but it sucks that she won't be at SEC anymore. It seems like a lot of changes all at once, but I guess that's just life for you...
3 comments:
I am completely ambivalent about this.
Response to Mechroneal - "yeah right.. ambivalent my @#!!"
Amanda, you sound so happy, and the awards and gatherings - golly you sound like a rising star! And by the way, you're NOT aging... Just look at me and then I dare you to complain about age!
Keep up the posting... love to read about your life...
I'm so sorry to hear about the medical news of both friends. I'll be praying for them both. Neither of them need this kind of added stress to their lives.
You'll have a good time at the party, no need to be nervous.
Joe was telling me about Ty doing the track thing with them. Very exciting stuff! It'll be so nice for you to get away to SD too.
I'm glad that you're only taking the 2 classes. You should never have to completely give up your pool time, lol. Look at you and all your scholarship ceremonies! Good for you. You'll make them proud to have given them.
Post a Comment