Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 27, 2008


Wow - I really didn't know the extent of my neurotisism until I just went back through some of my previous posts to see what someone might find out about me. That's some scary stuff, right there! Oh well, I guess that's me: I'm here, I'm not queer, deal with it!

I did my best bar-ho impersination last weekend. Actually, I started on Thursday at this little dive down the street from my place, The Little Brown Jug. (My friend, Tobyn, kept calling it The Big Red Jugs.) Anyway, I had class on Thursday, so I told Tobyn I'd call her afterward to see what she was doing since she'd be in Talent. Amazingly, I did pretty well on the Psych test I didn't get to study for & I'm thinking maybe I will actually do well in this class, after all. So, after class, I met Tobyn at The Jug, where they had just started karaoke! Luckily, there were only like 5 other people there, so we got a lot of singing time. I had a cold with a pretty severe cough, so again, luckily, there were only 5 other people there. It was not my finest performance! Friday morning obviously sucked, as Tobyn & I were both feeling the after-effects.

Friday night, I decided to take the ladies from the bank up on their offer & go visit the meat market. But at least I was going with a bunch of friends & knew I could just dance & have a great time, so that's what I proceeded to do. This guy kept on dancing next to me that had reached out & literally grabbed me on my way to the bathroom & I was just like, "whatever, I guess I'll dance with him" but wasn't into him or anything. Then this other cutie that I'd seen earlier danced up to me & just kinda aced that guy out & said that he was there to save me (likely story). Anyway, he was cute & had some moves, so I did dance with him a little bit. We kept on running into each other on the dance floor after that (not literally speaking, although I was smacking people & accidentally grabbing crotches & such, being the totally smooth chick we all know I can be). Eventually I ended up talking to the guy & was pleasantly surprised to discover that he had a sense of humor & a personality - he wasn't just your average sleaze. So I let him talk me into giving him my number before I left. Lo & behold, he called me the next day. Refreshing, considering most guys do the whole cocky phone game, so I thought I'd return the favor & called him back later & we had a great conversation.

On Saturday, Tyson had a couple of games in Grants Pass & Samantha came with me. He was the top scorer & super-stud, as usual, but they still managed to just barely lose both of their games. Later, I was debating about whether I should go do karaoke with Tobyn & co. or if I should chill out with Ty & rent some movies, when Samantha called crying & literally begging me to go back out with her because she needed to get out & have some fun. When I talked to Tobyn, it sounded like she wasn't sure if they wanted to go anymore or just wait till next weekend, so I told her we should totally save it until they REALLY wanted to go & we'd have a lot more fun. So, yep - I went back to the scene of the crime...Drank less, danced some, saw "the guy" again & we hung out. Samantha was ready to go pretty early, so "the guy" & I spent some quality time together after taking her home. I got home pretty late & spent most of Sunday recuperating.

Today I had to come in to work early to interview for my position - I did give my notice, by the way. They asked me to consider staying on full time & going to school at night & then acted surprised when I asked if they were on the crack pipe! Like, hell-oooooo, I'm a single mom - when would I ever see my kid, much less do homework?! Of course, it was flattering to think they didn't want to lose me. Anyway, they had a guy interview this morning. He may not have my people skills or personality, but does have extensive coding & billing experience & I think he'll be incredible once he gets going. I'm pretty sure they'll hire him. I was impressed by his poise, considering there were 7 of us in the interview, which I thought was just a bit of overkill & found a little amusing. I know it's stupid, cause I'm really looking forward to this new journey in my life as a college student, but I'm kinda getting sad about the reality of leaving this place. It's really been my rock through a lot of transition, during the divorce & all. These people are really my friends & I'm going to miss it, even if I am making new ones. *Sniff, sniff*

3 comments:

Mechroneal said...

You gotta be careful at those guys you into at the club, I hear they can be really "smooth" and, "slick". At least I think that's what I heard!

Anonymous said...

I've heard the same things...be careful. Also, another good clue about the inner workings of their devious minds is if they don't post on their blog for over 3 years, and only have comments from spammers. Beware! ;0) JK. teeheehee!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are living the single life... and enjoying it. You should. Once you meet "Mr. Right" or Mr. not so Right" you won't have these nights out partying and meeting new and interesting guys to grab... OOops, did I say Grab? I meant date. LOL! Anyways... like I said, for real- do enjoy this time- it won't last forever. Not that being married is so bad, cause it ain't... but you can't act single when you ain't. Ya know? Did I say that right or have I totally like made it sound all messed up? Hello...? Anyone still reading this....????