Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2008

By now everyone knows about the issues my brother has been dealing with. Rather than go into detail regarding something that's not mine to share, I will simply ask for my friends & family to continue to pray for him, his sobriety, & his happiness.

In other news, I met with an advisor. I know what classes I will take, but I can't register until Feb 29th. We've narrowed down my major to an MSW degree (Masters in Social Work), which will allow me to practice for 3000 supervised hours necessary for my LCSW that I can use for private practice, and a minor in music. That way, I'll be able to study what I love & also incorporate that into my therapy! I will be taking Writing 121, Math 60, Psych 202, HD100 (which is a new student survival/success class worth 1 credit that the college actually pays for) & Yoga. I need to look into it more, but I think that I will rely on loans for my first year (along with the financial aid grants & scholarships - none of which I've heard back on so far) & devote my time to learning to be a college student. If I'm able to get the class times that I want, the way I've set it up, there's about 50 minutes between classes a couple of days, so I can just hang out at the campus/library & get my homework & studying done. Then I can come home & do whatever transcription I have & will be here with Tyson in the evenings. I am SO excited about this transition! I just hope that it all comes together the way I want it to. I don't think I'm doing so well in my current Psych class because of working f/t, doing transcription, & some other family issues that have come up.

Speaking of which, I probably should use this time to do some homework so that I'm all caught up. I'll try not to write all about school next time, ok?

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Don't apologize for writing about school, it's exciting stuff! It sounds like you've got things pretty well figured out. The trick is to get online and get those classes registered first thing on the first day you can so you can be sure to lock in those classes. The scheduling sounds perfect for you too. I have a good feeling about it all. ;0)

Angel22lal said...

You go Girl!