Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

So, Allen, Lisa, Becky & I all went to the Foreigner concert last Thursday. They were really, really great, just as I'd hoped! When they came back on stage to perform their encore, I meandered on down to the front row in the reserved seating area & got some really great pics & video. The lead singer was having the crowd be his choir & he kept on pointing at me to sing with him, so I got that on film. Allen had to inform me that the drummer was Jason Bonham, who is the son of John Bonham, the drummer from Led Zeppelin. The lead guitarist was the originator of the band & apparently the only original band member. He threw out some signed guitar picks & I managed to get two of them, so I gave one to Allen & kept one. After the concert, I went into the bathroom & set everything down to have my hands free, including my camera, which I proceeded to leave the stall without & which of course was gone when I realized this & returned less than two minutes later! I was SO bummed! All's well that ends well, I guess, because I went ahead & ordered a newer version of the Canon PowerShot 570 with another memory card & it only cost me $148! It still really sucks that I lost all those pics, though!

In other news, let's see...Lisa, Allen & I went to Gold Hill for Becky's brother's going away party (don't know if I mentioned it before, but he's moving to Vegas) on Saturday night. That was fun & I saw this guy that I'd kinda sorta almost hooked up with (Becky's bro's best friend) & got to get the akward stuff out of the way. Turns out he's moving back to San Diego anyway. I also heard from the "unrequited love" mystery man after the Foreigner concert & he continues to disappoint me at every turn, so I'm sure now about my decision in that regard. The next morning, on Friday, I got a call from my high school sweetheart (well, I was in high school, anyway - he was older) & we finally met for lunch, after not seeing each other for 13 years! That was actually a great experience, because he had really hurt me & I didn't think I'd ever get over him (I was actually rebounding from him when I stumbled upon Tyson's dad), but I was able to see him & remember the nice things about him instead of being hateful. He also told me that things didn't work out the way that he'd wanted them to, but I don't think he was trying to hit on me or anything. That made me feel good - like it wasn't necessarily as one-sided as I'd come to think. Anyway, we had a good time catching up & laughed a lot, so that was really cool. And it was a relief to me that I wasn't all ga-ga over him like I used to be! Not only that, but I go through Dutch Bros & who's back? Yeah, that's right - the guy that I had a little crush on & that I gave a card with my phone number on his last day, since I figured I'd never see him again! So, rather than ignore it or act all embarrassed, I told him that he wasn't supposed to be there & explained when he asked me why that I would've never given him that card if I thought I'd run into him again. He thought that was great & told me that he'd see me next Thursday, whether I like it or not. I was telling Lisa at lunch today that it's just weird that all these things happened with these guys from my past this week. I think (hope?) I've been given a chance to resolve all these things because something really great is just around the corner that I wasn't ready for before. So, I will be taking some good advice from a wise man who suggested that I quit expecting & start anticipating!

I went to my second Booster Club meeting last night & that went really well. These people are really nice & I feel like I'm accepted there. I haven't felt that way in the past when I tried to go to PTA meetings in Ashland. Tyson had his open house on Thursday before the concert & he is still getting straight A's (he did have a B in PE, which is crazy, but it turned out his PE teacher didn't know that the reason he'd missed PE a couple of times was for the Cross Country meets, so he bumped his grade up now that Tyson talked to him about it)! His teachers seem very pleased with him & not just for his academic ability. His Health teacher actually told me that she just loves having a kid like him in her class & that he's a real leader. I was one proud mama!

Work is still fairly crazy - we have a luncheon tomorrow that includes a mini-training & Q&A from the people who we bought the new software from. Then, on Thursday or Friday, I have to go to Medical Eye Center to shadow their billing dept to see how they do things & come back & put some of that into practice & teach everyone else. On top of that, the docs are having a get-together next Friday after work, which will be the day after a get-together for my friend, Denise, that her office is throwing her for her birthday. In addition to that, I have another collections seminar coming up sometime this month (can't even remember the date right now) & the worst part: a coding seminar that I go to every year. It's not so bad that I have to go, or even that it's in Eugene or even that it's on a Saturday, but it happens to fall on the very day of the Out-of-the-Darkness Suicide Awareness & Prevention march that I do every year in honor of Shannon (ironically, the first one was on her birthday, Oct 16, and they always fall within a week of it)! I don't know what to do!

Well, that's all I have time to write for now (not to mention that those of you reading this probably have better things to do!) & I've got to get started on some transcription & some dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Busy, busy, busy! What a great deal on the camera. It's still a bummer that the other one was stolen, but thankfully it was cleared off before the concert.
I think you're right about getting things resolved. Just in time to meet Frankie when you come out here! ;0) jk. I'm so glad that you'll be able to move on in now. It really is bizarre how all of those things resolved themselves within the week!
Ugh, I hate PTA meetings. There always seems to be a clique of moms that decide everything, then assign it to everyone else there as if they are there just to serve them.
Well, thank goodness you finally get to have some face time with the people who sold the software! Now they'll have to answer your questions and quit brushing you off. Sounds like work just keeps getting crazier and crazier though.
Isn't the suicide prevention walk in Eugene also? Maybe they're at different times on the same day? Dreaming, I know... Is is possible to skip the training, stating that you have an annual appt. on that day that takes precedence over all else?
Tyson is really coming into his own. I'm such a proud Auntie! Tell him to keep making himself proud and the rest of us will follow. ;0)
Gotta run and pick up the kiddos (as usual).
Love you!
~Kathy