Search This Blog

Friday, October 05, 2007

It looks like my mom is coming to visit next week! It's taken a little bit of planning, since she is on dialysis 3 times a week, but considering the fairly short notice where this kind of thing is concerned, it fell into place pretty smoothly!

Worked sucked all...freakin...week...looooooooooong...(and, in the words of Forest Gump, that's all I got to say about that!)

Not much else has been going on. I'm just trying to stay on top of my transcription & housecleaning & Tyson's school stuff, which keeps me plenty busy! I am really starting to look forward to going to San Diego for Maya's wedding, though.

Lisa & Allen are going to Eureka this weekend to pack up the rest of his stuff & put it in storage, so the move will be complete.

Tomorrow, Tyson has a "Buddy Walk" through his leadership club. We will pick a buddy & walk with the mentally challenged. I think it's going to be fun & I hope that Tyson gets a sense of the innocent & happy nature that these people generally have. I know it makes some people uncomfortable, but I rather enjoy hanging out with people who are undoubtedly genuine & don't judge you. It's a nice reprieve from the norm. After the buddy walk, I planned on stopping by to visit Allen at work & to hopefully pick up some pumkins for carving this weekend.

Tonight, Tyson is at a high school football game with Seth & his brother. I probably should utilize this time to do transcription, but I'm kinda thinking I'd like to just stay home & drink a glass of wine & watch a chick flick (maybe after a nice hot bubble bath?).

So, as I'm sitting here posting, the phone just rang. As most of you already know, I like to hear who's calling before I committ to picking it up, so I let the machine get it. It's some girl for Tyson (and not his girlfriend!) and she says, "Hi, Tyson, this is Amanda & I just want to tell you that you're awesome!" I swear that kid is such a ladies man - and the funny thing is, he really doesn't want to be bothered & lets them know this. I wonder if I should start taking lessons from him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, lol. I'm cracking up about Ty's phone calls. That is funny that he's fighting them off and they just keep on comin' at him. Gotta love it.

I'm very excited for your visit with Mom. That's going to be so nice for you both! Wish I could be there to hang with you guys too. Enjoy!!

Work seems to be pretty hectic these days. Definitely good for you to take a time out for yourself with a relaxing tub/drink/chick-flick. Sounds like just what the dr. ordered!

The buddy walk sounds awesome! What a neat thing for them to get the kids involved in. I can't think of a better way to spend the day.

Amanda said...

Can you believe that, during the buddy walk, and then later at the mall, Tyson received two more calls from girls & he didn't even know who they were! He's like, "Who is this?" and then tells me when he hangs up that he doesn't know her & that she wants him to call her back, but he doesn't know who she is & doesn't have her number, since his cell phone display screen is broken. The funny part is that he really doesn't try at all to attract girls & doesn't want to talk to any of them, besides his girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I'm sure his girlfriend is not appreciating the calls either. I finally got tired of the girls getting together to call Adam, then just giggling, so I added the phone number they were calling from to my contacts under "giggly girls" and set their phone calls to silent. Peaceful, blissful silence. ;0) Poor Tyson...it's hard being a hearthrob.