Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I just picked Tyson up from his first Cross Country meet. He placed 18th out of 140 kids from 15 different schools in the 3000 meter (1.86 miles of up & down hills & across creeks & through trees, etc.) & was the first place out of all the 6th grade runners, so he gets a blue ribbon! He said that motivation was all around him because there were all these tall, skinny runners whose jaws dropped each time he passed them. At one point in the race, they were running through the woods & he said that one of the people ahead of him totally biffed it in the creek. This is pretty hard core stuff! I thought it would be running laps on a track, not like this! Anyway, just wanted to brag on my boy a little. Toodles...

2 comments:

Angel22lal said...

Brag away dearie, I did for years.....but I don't think anyone was listening... I still brag but about different stuff now. Like how great my kids are.... LOL Enjoy these years... they go by so quick!

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!!! WTG Tyson! He's been getting in such great shape lately and he really deserves this with all the work he's put in. I'm so proud of him!