Search This Blog

Monday, January 08, 2007









Figured I'd better post something, already, or people will stop checking my blog!

Well, once so much time has passed, I just update with the short version to get caught up:

Went to Eureka. My niece, Heather, was planning to come with, but wasn't able to get the time off work. I made it down by 3:45 p.m. Saturday & stopped at my brother, Allen's house. My other bros came over & we all went to the mall to see my nephew Johny, who wouldn't be able to make it for the Christmas party, since he had to work. We were also looking for a board game that I desperately wanted us all to play, called Encore, but never did end up finding while I was there. From there, we drove over to my dad's place, where his girlfriend, Polly, had set up a really nice buffet-style dinner & we all visited, sang karaoke & opened presents. The party finally broke up around 12:30 a.m., so I drove about a 1/2 hour south to my sister, Laura's. I camped out in my niece, Mary's, room & we stayed up talking until about 4:30 a.m. (Note: My sister is moving to Arizona to join her new hubby & my niece will be getting a place with her boyfriend, so this was very likely the last "girl talk sleepover" that we'll get to have!)

I got up the next morning & visited with Laura & her talking bird, Baby, until about 1 p.m., then headed up to my mom's, which is about 5 minutes away. We went out to dinner & rented some Christmas movies & got all cozy with new jammies & blankets that we'd received as gifts & ate banana bread that she'd baked for the holidays. It was a really nice visit, and long overdue!

The next morning (Christmas Day!), we got up & drove back to Eureka to go to my brother, Allen's, and met up with the other siblings & did many more hours of karaoke. Afterward, Allen & I went to the nursing home where he volunteers & visited with some of the old folks there. That felt really good, knowing that some of them may not have had any other visitors that day. They sure do love my brother!

From there, I dropped Allen off & headed over to my dad's & got to visit with him & Polly (who I just met this visit for the first time & already adore!) until a little after midnight. The next morning, Polly & I got up & hit the after-Christmas sales at Target & went to lunch at Applebees. We came back & it was time for me to head back to meet Seth & pick up my boy!

I was about 20 minutes late meeting them in the Redwoods, but it was fine. Tyson & I were really happy to be back together & chattered the whole way home telling each other everything that had happened. We got home around 7 p.m. or so & had our own Christmas! The next day, I had to go back to work, but we spent all of the evenings that week just hanging out & trying to get back on track.

We went out to Eagle Point for New Years & stayed the night out at Alex & Ed's. Krista & Dustin came down & all of the other neighbors were there, along with Kristin & Loren, who arrived around 10 p.m. We got up the next day & came back home to put away Christmas decorations & get ready for school/work the next day. (Over the weekend, we also saw Eragon - which we had read together at bedtime; Ty's now reading Eldest, the second book - and Pursuit of Happyness, both really good flicks!) So, Tyson's back in school, I've been back at work, but did have to take one sick day...I had the flu for four days last week - ugh! Things are gradually getting back to normal & I've even gone walking again the last two days!

Uh, yeah, so...so much for my "short version", eh...?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to your blog sis! Hey, make the short updates long anytime...I like reading what you're up to. ;0)

Anonymous said...

Uhoh, coming close to your own record for number of days without a blog post...miss you!