Search This Blog

Sunday, November 19, 2006








Vacation, Day 2:

Phew! What a day! We got up & had breakfast at our motel, got all packed up & took off at 9:30 a.m. The drive was incredibly boring, since most of it was flat land or open hills, although this was broken up by some olive trees & orange trees. I was just so surprised that there's so much empty space in California! It was also really foggy until we were about an hour away from LA, when it got SO nice that I stripped down to my tank top & zipped down my window in the jeep. This was especially nice, since it's been pretty cold & icky in Ashland lately. Our motel is right off the freeway & we arrived right on time, just before 3 p.m. We checked in, then went for a walk to Hollywood Blvd, where EVERYTHING is, and it's only a few blocks away! We walked up & down the Walk of Fame, looking at the stars on the sidewalk, then went to the Chinese Theater, where all the stars have put their hand & foot prints along with their autographs on the sidewalk. We took a ton of pictures (which I've sent to most of you) & went to the Wax Museum & Guiness World Records, teaking a break to get dinner at a Mexican place in the Hollywood mall, then stopped by Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream. It's just so crazy & different here. We are thoroughly enjoying all the sights & the streetperformers. On the way home, a guy on the street tried to sell us an ipod & Tyson thought that was a cool experience, too. Well, that's all for now. I'm ready to settle in & rest up for tomorrow...We signed up for the shuttle from the motel to Universal Studios at 9:15 a.m., returning at 7:30 p.m., at which point I plan to catch my Monday shows: Prison Break & Heroes! Will try to post more tomorrow evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time! I can't believe how quickly you guys got down there! Nice that you had time to actually take in quite a few sites there during daylight too. Love the pictures! Keep taking them!! I'm hoping that the ones posted are just small web-sized versions of what you're actually taking...? Keep 'em coming! Have fun tomorrow, it sounds like it's going to be a long day, so hope you take your time and enjoy it. ;0)