
Vacation, Day 1:
We'er heeeerrreee! To our room at the Comfort Inn, that is. We got up this morning &, after a call from Sarah & then another from Krista, managed to get everything packed & out the door & on the road by 10 am. We arrived at the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield right at 3 pm. The factory wasn't operating as usual, since it was a weekend, but we still got to see some workers doing a special Christmas order & were able to score on 8 lbs of "Belly Flops", the over/undersized Jelly Bellies that don't make the cut. I thought this would be a nice treat to share w/ people at work when I get back home. We went to the workout room here & are getting ready to jump in the hot tub. It's outdoors, but it's acutally a really nice, warm evening out, so I think that'll be nice. Tyson's on the bed watching Fairly Odd Parents & sampling Jelly Bellies. I'm getting ready to download some pics from the tour & I'll try to upload to this blog post, but if I can't, I will email to y'all indiviually. Tomorrow, HOLLYWOOD!!
We'er heeeerrreee! To our room at the Comfort Inn, that is. We got up this morning &, after a call from Sarah & then another from Krista, managed to get everything packed & out the door & on the road by 10 am. We arrived at the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield right at 3 pm. The factory wasn't operating as usual, since it was a weekend, but we still got to see some workers doing a special Christmas order & were able to score on 8 lbs of "Belly Flops", the over/undersized Jelly Bellies that don't make the cut. I thought this would be a nice treat to share w/ people at work when I get back home. We went to the workout room here & are getting ready to jump in the hot tub. It's outdoors, but it's acutally a really nice, warm evening out, so I think that'll be nice. Tyson's on the bed watching Fairly Odd Parents & sampling Jelly Bellies. I'm getting ready to download some pics from the tour & I'll try to upload to this blog post, but if I can't, I will email to y'all indiviually. Tomorrow, HOLLYWOOD!!
3 comments:
I just love that they call the rejects "Belly Flops"! That is too cute! Sounds like a great day and tomorrow should be quite exciting as well. Can't wait to hear what happens next!
I found the Hershey factory that I was telling you about where we went quite a while back. It's in Oakdale, so if you happen to be in that area at any time, I recommend it! MMmmm! http://www.hersheys.com/discover/oakdale.asp
Also, since Tyson seemed to really enjoy the tour, here's a list of other CA factory tours:
http://gocalifornia.about.com/od/topcalifornia/a/factory.htm
(there's a different chocolate one in Berkley if you end up there...they said it's one of their faves along with Jelly Belly). ;0)
Have fun and can't wait to hear the next update!
Oops, that last link got cut off, so here it is using tinyurl.com:
http://tinyurl.com/ycj9vw
Hope you're having a blast!
Post a Comment