I'm BAAAaaack... I know, it's been too long, but hopefully y'all can find it in your hearts to forgive me!
Wow, there's so much to post about, where to begin...? I guess I'll start at the very beginning, a very good place to start...On the weekend of the 14th (my big brother, Joe's, birthday!), Tyson & I drove up to Eugene to stay with the Dawsons. He was out of school & I took the day off work on Friday so that we could take our time & got there Friday afternoon. We met Travis & Keri (Dustin's bro & sis-in-law, who I also went to school with) and Dustin's Aunt & Uncle & cousin, Colton, along with Ed & Alex & their kids, who came up from Eagle Point, at a pizza place in Eugene that has an indoor carousel. The next morning, I watched Jake & they took Tyson to the Ducks' game. We had a potluck/party that night & another of our high school friends, Dennis, came over & we all had a great time hanging out together. The following morning was the Out of the Darkness Walk for suicide awareness & prevention in Portland, so Krista & I got up at 5:30 a.m. & drove to the walk. Neither of us was feeling great (espcially me, as I was puking on the way up from drinking too much the night before), but we were really glad that we did it...This was my second year & Krista's first. It's funny - last year, it was on Shannon's birthday (I blogged about it, if you want to read it in my archives), and this year it was the day before. It was really crappy weather & we were soaked, but it was worth it & so nice to have eachother there this year instead of doing it all by myself.
The other big news is that there have been some issues at Tyson's school & I wasn't very happy with his teacher, for several reasons which I won't go into right now. Tyson wanted to change schools & go here in town, but I've been playing the devil's advocate & giving him a couple of weeks to decide, even though it would make my life much easier, too. We went on Friday to tour the local school with the principal & were both really impressed by what we saw & the teachers & environment there. The final decision was up to Tyson & he wants to start on Monday. We went back to his old school to clean out his desk & say goodbye to his classmates & teachers & that's when he did get a little sad, but he still wants to go through with the change. I think it will be nice, because where he was going, there are mostly rich kids with two parents, & I think Tyson thought we were poor (which we are not! I can always pay my bills, even if I have to juggle some) & abnormal for having a single parent family. It will also make the transportation/work issue MUCH easier. As far as Tyson's grades go, I still haven't received a report card, but his teacher said that he should have no problem of attaining his goal of straight A's. He's definitely smart enough; it's just a matter of whether or not he applies himself & turns in his homework. This year, he's really made that a priority, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is getting straight A's. Hopefully, I'll find out for sure soon...
By the way, Happy Belated Birthday to my dad on the 19th, who is currently in Oklahoma, visiting relatives, and Happy Upcoming Birthday to my big sister, Laura on the 31st (yep, Halloween!), who is currently trying to recouperate from gall-stones! Love you guys!
4 comments:
Well I cannot blame you for making updates to your Blog so infequently, as you make your updates so full. Please, don't feel like you have to go to great lengths on our account. We enjoy the frequency of your updates and if that means short and sweet, we would would still be glad on account of hearing from you more often.
Anyhows, glad to hear that things are going well. It's important to have a sense of normalcy in culture. But I assure you, you are much richer than most folks if you can pay the bills and have no debt. Society is rampant with a false sense of what prosperity truly is! Too many people think "status symbols" define wealth and do not realize that being on top of one's life (by living within one's means with a sense of gratitude for that which one has) is far greater wealth!
It amazes me to see how many people out there are slaves to things, objects... in order to hold a certain status in the eyes of others, even if it means they are in debt up to their eyeballs and cannot find their way out...all for the sake of the opinion of another who likely doesn't care very much anyways.
Sad how people have lost their sense of proper perspective and have let others define the terms for them instead. Glad to see that you have not fallen prey to this trap! You are sure wonderful and I love & miss you very much!
I've already talked with you about all these things so won't be redundant, but am so glad to see you post again. We forgive you...actually, there's nothing to forgive, it's just fun reading when you do get around to posting anyway. ;0)
Love and miss you tons!
P.S. Your sidebar isn't showing up, but I'm sure it's a temporary glitch...if it continues, I'll look into it. No worries. ;0)
Laura gets to keep her Gallstones for a while........ she does have them, but they don't bother her. They discovered them while looking at her kidney, otherwise, she wouldn't even have known that she had them.
She had a very large kidney stone bothering her & causing so much pain & problems.
Tell Tyson I said I am proud of him exerting himself enough to get such good grades!!! And I am also proud of his Mother & the way she is raising her son!!!
Mom
Thanks for the kudos guys...I've made enough mistakes already at 30 that I've hopefully learned from them & will stay grounded, like my mama taught me!
Post a Comment