Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Leaving on a jet plane...

It's 8 pm, and I'm packed and ready to go. My nibling (gender-neutral term for your sibling's kid), Ares, arrived this morning with their friend, Annalise. The two of them will be staying at The Love Shack taking care of Lulu this week while I escape to Ireland for my first solo international trip! I've been pretty burned out at work and with life in general for a while now, and I'm hoping this will be the rest and reset I need to shake things loose and feel right again. I've done my research and have a good list of places to see and things to do, but I didn't want to tie myself down to an itinerary, so I booked my first night in Dublin at a hostel and plan to wing it from there! I even managed to pack everything I need for the week(hopefully!) into a backpack I can carry on, and I picked up an international driving permit just in case I decide to rent a car. I'm hoping to document my trip along the way. It's too easy to forget details when you're taking in so much at once. Alrighty, well, I've gotta do some transcription and get some sleep. 4 am comes awfully early!

No comments: