Search This Blog

Sunday, April 05, 2009


I just wanted to post & briefly recap our birthdays. We didn't end up going to the cabin for quad-riding, camping, and BBQing on Friday as I'd hoped. It was becoming too much of a hassle with no electricity up there & trying to make sure everyone had a ride & camping supplies.

Instead, my friend & neighbor, Bridget, hosted a girls' party for me at her house. She made a fantastic fruit dip & fruit platter & grilled a bunch of yummy veggies on the BBQ & asked everyone to bring a bottle of fruity alcohol so we could make blended drinks. I wore my tiarra & brought over my "Ladies' Night" CD I just burned with all the great chick party songs & we danced & got goofy.

Tobyn was being more than a little obnoxious & was complaining about her drink, asking everyone to take pics of her, and basically just trying to run & steal the show. We decided to go down the the Little Brown Jug to do some karaoke (within a drunken walking distance from my place). Tobyn continued to pull her crap there & I finally had had enough & snapped at her (which would surprise anyone who knows me -- I'm a pretty tolerant person). We have since made peace with each other, once she apologized for behaving that way on my special day & acknowledging what she had done.

The next day, on my actual birthday, Tyson & I went out to breakfast at a local diner & curled up on the couch to watch a movie. He was getting pretty antsy, so I told him I wouldn't mind if he stayed with Triston. I proceeded to watch "My Best Friend's Girlfriend" with Dane Cook, which I've been wanting to see but can't watch with Tyson, & read an entire book from cover to cover in 4 hours just because it was my birthday & I could. It was so relaxing & wonderful.

My sisters, Kathy & Laura, who live in Arizona, decided to get together for my birthday & went to get pedicures (well, Kathy did because she needed one in order to wear the "casually slutty" leopard-print shoes we purchased together last summer & she wore in honor of my birthday), massages, & daquiries. Kathy photo-shoppped me into the pics & posted them on facebook with funny little captions "recalling" things we all did together for my birthday. It was great! The funniest thing about it, though, is that my friends on facebook kept commenting on how much it looked like I enjoyed my birthday based on those pics!

For Tyson's birthday, I ordered him some XBox 360 games he's been wanting (one of them being Guitar Hero Metallica!) & took Jordan & Triston with us up to Eugene Friday after the boys got out of school. We stayed the night with Krista & Dustin & their absolutely wonderful kids & watched Marley & Me. The next morning, we made a big breakfast & I took the boys to play laser tag at Putter's, an indoor, multi-level, black light laser tag course. I hung around for a couple of games & then decided that Krista & I should do some Goodwill shopping while they played a couple more sessions. It's sort of become one of our traditions when I'm up there visiting. It was a short visit & we left Eugene around 5 last night.

Today, I'm trying to get some transcription done & stay on top of homework, but it's hard to concentrate when the sky is blue & cloudless & the sun is doing its best to lure me outdoors into its warmth. Anyway, I'm gonna try to get a little more done before I succumb to the temptation!

1 comment:

Angel22lal said...

Party on little sister.