Wellll....Yesterday was my 31st birthday & I just want to say that I have the greatest family & friends EVER!!! I think I heard from EVERYBODY! I felt incredibly special & surrounded by love ~ it really was a fantastic birthday!
Yesterday was also the first day of Centricity training at work - we are converting our entire practice (which includes 6 companies & 5 doctors) of 23 years of Medical Manager to a new computer system. It's going to be great & really computer friendly once we get everything transfered & learn the new system, but it's been mind-boggling in the meantime & very overwhelming when you consider that every aspect of my job will change (not to mention that we will eventually be going to centralized billing, which will be handled by yours truly)! I heard somewhere that it doesn't pay to be too good at your job, because then you become indispensible & I'm really feeling that right now, although of course it makes me feel good that they have so much confidence in my abilities...
Basketball season is over (after a very disappointing weekend at the Coos Bay tournament in which Tyson got to play about 2 whole minutes - no exaggeration - and it just broke my heart to watch). We have now started baseball, and Tyson's coach has said that he will definitely be one of three pitcher/catchers on the team, which Tyson was thrilled about!
Seth came into town unexpectedly last week & I was already planning to go to Eugene to celebrate Krista's & my birthday (and her daughter, Paige's), so I offered to let Seth stay here at my place with Tyson so they could spend some time together. I've been feeling really good about how we've been handling our co-parenting relationship lately, but I have to tell you - I picked Seth up from his brother's place, which is roughly 2 miles away from my apartment, & we got into 2 fights en route! Then, when I tried to call a truce, he said that he hadn't realized we were arguing - which just reminded me that arguing doesn't have a natural place in the lifestyle that I've chosen, but it's such a regular occurance with him that he doesn't even notice it! Anyway, Tyson seemed to enjoy the time with his dad for the most part. While I was in Eugene, I went on my first Harley ride!! It was awesome & the guy was even pretty hot, but I'm recommitted to holding out for the guy I believe to be my soul mate, as I received a call from him after almost 2 years a couple of weeks ago that renewed my faith in that possibility...
Enough about my secretive love life - back to the whole Seth thing: he told me last night that he is planning to move back to the Rogue Valley - YIKES!!!! He said, "I know that you'd prefer it if I stayed 3 1/2 hours away, but there's nothing for me there." Since I have come to learn that Seth doesn't always do what he says he will, I took it with a grain of salt & simply agreed that the distance did make it easier to get along, but we'd just have to work it out...all the while screaming inside, "NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!!"
Anyway, I really am sorry that it's taken me so long to update my blog & thank all of you who have been patient with me & continue to check on the off chance that I'll get off my lazy buns & let y'all know what's been happening!
3 comments:
Okay, now we're all curious about this mystery beau...he must be a real person, since you actually have timed his absense and updated the date of his last correspondence. Your secret's safe with me...do I know him?
Yes...
Ack, sorry it took me so long to get my buns over here to check out what your buns have been up to, lol.
Luckily, I call you so often that this wasn't a huge update, but I swear that I'll check in more often (you know all of my recent excuses, but I promise to be better anyway).
I'm glad that your birthday was such a success. How could it not be though, with all the people who adore you? You are just an amazing person, and anyone who knows you realizes it immediately.
Nice Harley...the glasses are a little wimpy for the bike, but even cuter on the owner, lol (but you look great in them too...they match your personality).
Post a Comment